* Ignore how "burnt" it looks...my oven isn't the best oven inthe world! ><*
Based on recipe from: http://www.noveleats.com/
- 1 12.3-ounce package extra firm light silken tofu
- 1 8-ounce package Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup soya/rice milk
- 1/4 or 1/3 lb. dairy free dark chocolate
- 5 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 200g (8 oz) gluten free digestive biscuits (I buy trufree...but I you could use any other type of gluten free plain biscuit really)
- 75g (3 oz) dairy free margarine
1) Grease a loose based caked tin
2) Crush biscuits
3) Melt margarine, pour over biscuit crumbs, mix well and press into cake tin
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F/Gas Mark 4.
2) Drain the tofu and put it and the Tofutti cream cheese into your food processor. Blend until smooth.
3) Add the sugar and milk, and process again until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
4) Add the remaining ingredients (except chocolate and crust) and process until completely smooth, about 3 more minutes.
1) Melt the chocolate.
2) Pour half of your blended cream into a separate bowl and then fold in the chocolate until it is fully incorporated. Pour the chocolate mixture into the pie crust.
1) Add the peanut butter to your remaining cream mixture and blend again until completely smooth.
1) Pour the peanut butter mixture into the pie crust on top of the chocolate mixture layer and bake in the middle of the oven for about 55 minutes (do not allow to brown). Filling will be slightly jiggly, not completely set until chilled.
Remove from oven and allow to cool. Refrigerate until completely chilled (the longer, the better).